How to Apply
MSM’s Residency Programs operate under the standard academic calendar year. The program year starts in July and culminates in June of following year.
Applicants are invited to observe grand rounds, journal club sessions and any other open seminars/workshops.
All applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Completion of at least one year of supervised U.S. clinical training in an ACGME-accredited primary care specialty.
- Passage of all three parts of the United States Medical Licensing Exam (U.S.M.L.E.)
- Eligibility for an unrestricted Georgia medical license (click for details or the Georgia Composite Board of Medical Examiners 404/656-3913).
Because of funding restrictions, we can only accept applications from Resident Aliens and US Citizens.
Interested applicants should submit an application online through Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS). The following information will be required:
- Deans Letter
- Medical School Transcript
- Written Personal Statement
- Three letters of recommendation (at least two of these should be from the previous/current residency program director, current employer, if applicable, and current within the last 18 months)
- United States Medical License Examination (USMLE) Minimum Passing Score for Part I, II, and III
- Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG) Certification (if applicable)
Deadline to submit application through ERAS is December 31st of the current year.
Upon receipt of the above information, the Program Director or designee(s) will select applicants for interview.
In addition to the ERAS application, all applicants must apply separately to the Morehouse School of Medicine Master of Public Health (MPH) Program. Acceptance to the Public Health and Preventive Medicine Program is contingent upon acceptance to the MPH Program.
All correspondence regarding applications should be addressed to the residency manager
of the resident program you wish to apply to and mailed to:
Morehouse School of Medicine
720 Westview Drive, SW
Atlanta, Georgia 30310-1945