Elleen M. Yancey, M.A., Ph.D.
Community Health & Preventive Medicine
Location: Buggy Works Bldg 100-A Suite 200
Rush-Presbyterian Hosp. Chicago, IL
Practicum: Research Psychology
Chicago Bd. of Ed., Chicago, IL
Clinical Internship: Clinical Psychology
Health Services Research Institute, Association of American Medical Colleges
Clark Atlanta University
Degree: Doctor of Philosophy in Counseling Psychology
Degree: Master of Arts in Developmental Psychology
Degree: Bachelor of Arts in Psychology
- HIV/AIDS Prevention
- Community Based Participatory Research
- Cultural Competence
- Impact on Healthcare
- Clinical services to older adults
- Impact of plant-based diets supported by Shared Medical Appointments (SMAs)
- Quarells, R. C., Thompson, W., Yancey, E. M., Henry Akintobi, T. K., Genzeyme, s. (2019). Community Engagement and Health Disparities in Clinical and Translational Research Course: a Joint Academic Intuition Approach. Washington, DC: Association for Clinical and Translational Science.
- Akintobi, T., Blumenthal, D., Fish, T., Yancey, E.M., Zellner, T., Gordon, T., K., Carey, t., Moodley, K. Assessment of SUNCEP-AHEC Model: A Mixed-Methods Evaluation of a Program Designed to Increase Entry into Health Profession Among Underserved Youth in South Africa. American Public Health Association 2017 Annual Meeting & Expo. (2017).
- Conerly Holliday, R., Braithwaite, R., Yancey, E., Akintobi, T., Stevens-Watkins, D., Smith, S., Powell, C. (2016) Substance Use Correlates of Depression among African American Male Inmates, Public Health and Incarceration: Social Justice Matters, Journal of Healthcare for the Poor and Underserved, JHCPU 27.2 Suppl.
- Ede, V.N., Yancey, E., Stringer, H., Josiah Willock, R., Strayhorn, G. (2014). Clinician utilization of best practices for HIV care and status disclosure: A cross-sectional study. Open Journal of Preventive Medicine 4649-658. http//dx.doi.org/10.4236/ojpm.2014.48074.
- Blumenthal, D.S., Hopkins, E., Yancey, E., Community-based participatory research: An Introduction. Community-Based Participatory Health Research: Issues, Methods and Translation to Practice. Second Edition. D.S. Blumenthal, R.J. DiClemente, R.L. Braithwaite & S.A. Smith (eds.), New York, NY: Springer Publishing Co. 2013
Honors and Awards
- 2013: Mentor of the Year Award, Morehouse School of Medicine
- 2010: Dean’s Outstanding Research Award, Morehouse School of Medicine
- 2010: Joseph D. Greene Community Service Award, Collaborative Recipient: Morehouse School of Medicine Prevention Research Center Partnership., Healthcare Georgia Foundation
- 2008: Contributions to HIV/AIDS Prevention Award, Fulton County Department of Health and Wellness Communicable Diseases Prevention Branch.