Health Tech Innovation Academy
June 4, 2022 - August 27, 2022
The Innovation Learning Laboratory for Population Health offers a yearlong program built to expose motivated, female high school students to the field of Health Technology. The program structure is built on an integrated curriculum to introduce data science, human design, health innovation, and product development. Participants who successfully complete this yearlong program will receive a $1,000 stipend. Through this program, students will be able to identify and solve problems within the HealthTech sector.
The Health Tech Innovation Academy is designed to introduce female high school students to careers in the HeatlhTech industry including government, academic, laboratories, and private sector that serve as a pathway to advance training via online learning. The program offers students a unique combination of courses in data science, computer science, product development, human design, and innovation.
The objectives of the Health Tech Innovation Academy are to provide teen girls with background knowledge on the field of Health Technology and the several career and other opportunities associated with it, assist participants in identifying a health-related problem or issue in their own community, school or peer group or another diverse population and help them develop and commercialize their own HealthTech products to address the problem, empower participants to take a more active role in prioritizing the health of themselves, their peers, family, and community members.
Applicants must meet all of the following criteria by the application deadline:
- MacBook or PC and Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)
- African American female 8th – 12th grade interested in pursuing a career in the field of Health Technology.
- Have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.8
- One letter of recommendation- current students must be recommended by their current advisor or professor. Letters of recommendation must be on a letterhead and signed.
- Completed application
- Unofficial Transcript(s) Official transcripts
- Completed essay (no more than 1 page) explaining why you are interested in the “Health Tech Innovation Academy” and why you would benefit from this program.
HealthTech Innovation Academy Curriculum
- Data Science Bootcamp
- Innovation Academy & Entrepreneurship Bootcamp
- Human Design
- Project Design
- Project Development
- Project Evaluation
- Culminating Project solving an identified problem needing a HealthTech solution.
Students selected to attend the Health Tech innovation Academy receive:
- $1,000 stipend after completion of the program
- Pipeline Career Preparation
- Interact with Subject Matter Experts
To maintain eligibility in the program, students must:
- Miss no more than two sessions
- Complete graded weekly assignments
- Complete research project
- Complete pre- and post-surveys
June 4, 2022 - August 27, 2022
Please note: This program will be virtual.
Application Deadline is Wednesday, May 25, 2022
To request additional information, please complete the form below: