Prevention Research Center
The Prevention Research Center is one of a network of academic research centers funded by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention to achieve local and national health objectives focused on gaining knowledge about the best methodologies for solving the nation's obstinate health problems.
MSM PRC is headed by the principal investigator and the center director with the associate center director, core research principal investigator, four assistant directors in the areas of community development, research, evaluation and cancer prevention, and a research administrator.
On August 15, 2019, the MSM
PRC celebrated a twenty-year history of conducting community-based participatory research, evaluation and other related health initiatives co-created by community residents and leaders - locally, across the state, nation and the globe. Read more.
Tabia Henry Akintobi, PhD, MPH, is the professor of community health and preventive medicine, dean of community engagement, and principal investigator and director of the Prevention Research Center.
PRC has several funded research projects, initiatives and collaborations designed to focus on eliminating heath disparities and improving the health of the communities, thereby advancing health equity.
Morehouse School of Medicine Prevention Research Center Core Research Project: H.A.P.P.Y (2014-2019)
- Project H.A.P.P.Y Community Brief
- Project Happy: A Community Based Participatory Research Intervention Addressing HIV
Prevention in Black Youth (EBSCO)
- A Community-Based Participatory Approach to the Development and Implementation of
an HIV Health Behavior Intervention: Lessons Learned in Navigating Research and Practice
Systems from Project H.A.P.P.Y (MDPI)
- A Community-Based Participatory Approach to the Development and Implementation of an HIV Health Behavior Intervention: Lessons Learned in Navigating Research and Practice Systems from Project HAPPY (NLM)
Find information regarding upcoming PRC events and relevant prevention research and community news.
MSM PRC serves as a resource to communities and professionals seeking to learn more about community based participatory research.
- Implementation Science | Morehouse School of Medicine (msm.edu)
- The CDC Prevention Research Centers Program (2014-2019 Network)
- Prevention is Smart
- Community Coalition Board (CCB) Satisfaction Survey
- Community Health Needs & Assets Assessment Brief
- Community Health Needs Assessment Survey (2012-2013)