W. Mary Langley, Ph.D., M.P.H., RN, ICPS
Community Health & Preventive Medicine
Health Promotion Research Center
Location: National Center for Primary Care, Suite 342
Georgia State University
Degree: Doctor of Philosophy
University of Alabama
Degree: Master of Public Health
Degree: Bachelor of Science in Nursing
Grady Memorial Hospital
Degree: Diploma in Nursing
- Social Determinants of Health
- Breast Cancer Prevention
- Adolescent at Risk Behaviors
- Georgia Board of Nursing
- Prevention Credentialing Consortium of Georgia
- Braithwaite, R.L., Akintobi, T. H., Blumenthal, D., Langley, W. M. (2020). The Morehouse model: How one school of medicine revolutionized community engagement and health equity. Baltimore: John Hopkins University Press.
- Braithwaite, R. L., Blumenthal, D., Langley, W. M. (2018). Community-based participatory research-driven needs assessment: A tool for moving health disparity research to action. Prog Community Health Partnership.
- Langley, W. M. (2010). Church-based health promotion to address chronic diseases among African Americans. In Leonard Jack, PhD (Ed). Diabetes in Black American: Public Health and Clinical Solutions to a national crisis (1st ed. Pp.502). Roscoe, Illinois: Hilton Publishing.
- Langley, W. M., Welmaker, Sr. R., Jackson, A. (2013). Community-based participatory approaches (CBPA) to service. In Daniel Blumenthal, Ralph DiClemente, Ronald Braithwaite and Selina Smith (Ed). Community-based Health Research (2nd ed.) Springer.
- Tucker, T., Langley, W. M. (2016). Implementation and evaluation of the Carrera Program for delaying teen sex in Georgia. Journal of Georgia Public Health Association, 5(4), 353. www.gapha.org/jgpha
Honors and Awards
- 2019: Panelist on NNED Virtual Roundtable, Continuing the dialogue: Strategies to address the opioid epidemic in Black and Hispanic/Latinx communities.
- 2019: Panelist on SAMHSA Webinar, Strategies to address opioid misuse and addiction in African American/Black and Hispanics/Latino populations.
- 2018: Certificate of Appreciation Presented by Golden Dome Chapter American Business Women Association, Atlanta, Georgia
- 2018: Keynote Speaker for 2018 Convocation, Morehouse School of Medicine.
- 2017: Certificate of Special Congressional Recognition Presented by The Honorable Jody B. Hice 10th Congressional District, Georgia, Monticello, Georgia
- 2014: Inducted into the Golden Dome Chapter, American Business Women, Association, Atlanta, Georgia
- 2012: Invited National Advisory Board Member, Community-Based Participatory Research Expert Advisory Board, Louisiana Clinical and Translational Science Center, Xavier University of Louisiana, New Orleans, LA
- 2012: Certificate of Appreciation, Guest Speaker, Golden Dome Chapter, ABWA, Atlanta, Georgia
- 2012: Certificate of Ordination Deacon, Salem Bible Church, Atlanta, Georgia
- 2012: Presented Key to City, Monticello (Jasper County) Georgia, Major Bryan Standifer, For outstanding support for the Youth of Monticello and Jasper County
- 2009: Pioneer in Prevention Award, 3rd Annual Georgia School of Addiction Studies
- 2008: Certificate of Appreciation, For Exemplary Service on the Morehouse School of Medicine, Internal Advisory Committee for the Historically Black Colleges and Universities National Resource Center for Substance Abuse and Mental Health Infrastructure Development