Peter Thomas Baltrus, Ph.D.
Community Health and Preventive Medicine
Location: National Center for Primary Care, Room 310
Morehouse School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA
Fellowship: NIH/NHLBI Postdoctoral Fellow, Social Epidemiology Research Center
University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI
Degree: Doctor of Philosophy in Epidemiologic Science
Cornell University, Ithaca, NY
Degree: Bachelor of Science in Human Development and Family Studies
- Social Epidemiology
- Health Services Research
- Data Science
- Statistical Methods
- Baltrus P, Li C, Gaglioti A. (In press) Having a Usual Source of Care is Associated with Longer Telomere Length in a National Sample of Older Adults. J0urnal of the American Board of Family Medicine.
- She, Z., Li, C., Baltrus, P. T., Moore, M., Rao, A., Ayer, T., Gaglioti, A. (2020). Primary Care Comprehensiveness and Care Coordination in Robust Specialist Networks Results in Lower Emergency Department Utilization: A Network Analysis of Medicaid Physician Networks. Journal of Primary Care and Community Health. doi: 10.1177/2150132720924432
- Gaglioti, A., Douglas, M., Li, C. H., Blount, M., Baltrus, P., Mack, D. (2020). County-Level Proportion of Non-Hispanic Black Population is Associated with Increased County Confirmed COVID-19 Case Rates After Accounting for Poverty, Insurance Status, and Population Density. Morehouse School of Medicine.
- Islam SJ, Kim JH, Topel M, Liu C, Ko YA, Mujahid MS, Sims M, Mubasher M, Ejaz K, Morgan-Billingslea J, Jones K, Waller EK, Jones D, Uppal K, Dunbar SB, Pemu P, Vaccarino V, Searles CD, Baltrus P, Lewis TT, Quyyumi AA, Taylor H.(2020). Cardiovascular Risk and Resilience among Blacks: Rationale and Design of the Morehouse-Emory Center (MECA) for Health Equity. Journal of the American Heart Association. doi: 10.1161/JAHA.119.015247
- McGregor, B., Baltrus, P., Douglas, M., Hopkins, J., Gaglioti, A. (2020). Racial and Ethnic Disparities in Treatment and Treatment Type for Depression in a National Sample of Medicaid Recipients. Psychiatric Services. https://ps.psychiatryonline.org/doi/full/10.1176/appi.ps.201900407