Jasmine P. Taylor, M.D.
Psychiatry & Behavioral Science
Location: Grady Hospital
Phone: (404) 756-1440
University of Alabama Medical Center
University of Alabama School of Medicine
Degree: Doctor of Medicine
Degree: Bachelor of Science (Biology), Pre-medicine
- Clinical outcomes and patient satisfaction (Integrated Behavioral care model)
- Cultural competency among trainees and faculty
- Cultural attitudes among medical students
- Evidence-based treatment of affective disorders
- Clinical outcomes and patient satisfaction using an integrated behavioral model for care delivery
Board CertificationAmerican Board of Psychiatry and Neurology
- Taylor, JP, Westerfield, M. "University of Mississippi Medical Center Division of Multicultural Affairs". Journal of the Mississippi State Medical Association, August 2012.
- McCullough, A and Taylor, J "Why Depression in College?" Mississippi Next. 2010; 28-29.
- "Let's Ask the Doctor". Child Times of Alabama, 1997.
- "Understanding Unconscious Bias," University of Mississippi Medical Center School of Dentistry, Jackson, Mississippi, July 2012
- "Promoting Diversity and Inclusion to Create Opportunity for the Next Generation of Professionals" Mississippi Association of Black Professionals, Biloxi, Mississippi, April 2011
- "Addressing Multiculturalism Beyond the Academy to Professional Education: A Case Study," American Association of Medical Colleges, Austin, Texas – Poster Presentation, February 2010
- "Disparate Treatment- Patient Mistrust and Uncertainty," Conerly Symposium, University of Mississippi Medical Center – Jackson, Mississippi, 2009
Honors and Awards
- Elected Distinguished Fellow of the American Psychiatric Association, 2020
- University of Mississippi Medical Center received the Higher Education Excellence in Diversity (HEED) award for diversity and inclusion efforts/programming, 2013
- Disparities Leadership Program, selected participant, Disparities Solutions Center Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts, 2008
- Mississippi's 50 Leading Business Women, Class of 2006
- Certificate of Recognition – Role model and advocate for diversity at the University of Mississippi Medical Center, Institutions of Higher Learning Board of Trustees 2005
- American Medical Association Physician's Recognition Award, Recognized for service to the community in the field of mental health, 1996